Monday, March 12, 2012

Jeremy Blake: Century 21 Video Remake

Jeremy Blake: Century 21 Original Video-

Artist Statement: My intensions for this video were to make it funny and experimental. When I had first seen Jeremy Blake's "Century 21", my first thought is that it sounded creepy & illusional. I didn't want to make my video too serious so instead I used characters that I knew had humor (My mom, my little brother, and I). It's supposed to be about a very weird woman who despises another woman and her child.  She hires someone to kill them, but during her wait she paces back & forth. She becomes so bored as she waits, that she begins playing with her walk (walking on her toes). A neighbor comes to inform the family, but it seems like noone is listening, but the little boy. Finally the murder is done, and this weird woman is now satisfied. Instead of doing a "victory dance", she ends her trademark with a smile and "Austin Power's" pinky to her face. I loved playing with all of the transitions in the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment